The (not so) Daily Me

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Stuff

On Sat. I got up at 6:30 to mow the lawn. That is a really atrocious reason to get up a 6:30 on a Sat. morning. The reason behind the reason wasn't so atrocious, however. I needed to get the lawn mowing done so that we could go to Faith Mission to going hiking on Skyline Drive with my second cousins from Nicaragua. We went and had a great getting to know each other (we had never met). Eugene's whole family (except Ginni and Treva, and of course Tury in FL) went along, as well as another family from their church. After the hike we went to Eugene's for supper and had a very good time! On Sun., we, SURPRISE, went to church!! Samson Gunti from India did the preaching. It was a GREAT sermon! He told us about the mission in India and showed us a VCD of the work there. That afternoon we watched old silent Laurel & Hardy films. That night Sam preached at Dayspring. It was another really good sermon. This time when we saw the VCD it was projected on a big screen though... He was telling us about a bunch of people going to jump in the river to get their sins cleansed by some Hindu god. The government got concerned about the pollution of 30 million people jumping in the river. They wanted them to take a bath first. A "dip before THE dip." Another time he told us, "When you go to India and say, 'Holy Cow!!' they say 'Yes! You're right!'" They have cow nursing homes over there. No joke. When I searched for "cow nursing home" on Google, I came across this story. It's kinda funny! This evening my cousins from SC (Loren & Ruby Overholt) came. They are staying here for the night before they go to Ghana, Africa for three years. :( We had a good supper of roast beef and mashed potatoes. At the supper table, we were talking about cameras. We talked about the Canon brand. I guess with a Canon camera you shoot pictures. So do you shoot just the bad pictures? You wouldn't want to shoot the good ones... Yep, you shoot the bad pictures, but the good pictures you blow up! This evening we (Tony, Benji, Mathias, and I) went over to Alvin's to help him load wheelchairs. Darrell was there. For those who know Darrell, I don't have to describe the various conversations in detail; you can just use your imagination. Check out my submission to foundonp2p.com, a site that shows stuff found on Peer to Peer file sharing networks. I found a good article on Forbes. I got modded +5 funny (and then got modded back down to +3) on my Slashdot post! Check this out; the downtown metropolis of Catlett. Has GRT on there.

Here's a pic of my brother Benji:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home