The (not so) Daily Me

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Happenings

First, some interesting parts from the Pilgrim Christian High-School (KS school where my cuz goes) Student's diaries from their Mexico trip:

"Friday, May 14 (Marilyn Miller): For breakfast we had a real feast of cow brain, intestine, tongue, etc. We instructed our bellies to say please and thank you, to not mumble and rumble, and to not say no thanks! Some of us had become sick overnight and we waited inside the church while the others ate. Later, Bro. Nisly and Jeanene brought our doses of liquid Pepto Dismal, and Sprite and pan (bread). We finally set out for Tula, ancient Indian ruins. Most memorable about them is their games and human sacrifices afterwards. They played a game similar to basketball. Strangely, whoever won (or lost--reports varied) was afterwards sacrificed! "
"Monday, May 17 (Louisa Schmucker): Back at the hotel, we jammed ourselves and our luggage into little taxis. Our taxi drivers dropped us off at the door to the airport in record time, after whipping in and out of the traffic, as fast as 100-110 kmh!" "Several adults mentioned appreciation for the level of discipline in the youth."
Wow! They musta put on a real good front! =) jk...
  On Saturday Joel and I went over to Josh's place and played Tribes 2. We played for about 6 hours. On Sunday we went to Grandpa' for lunch. That evening the youth had a singing at Christ (pronounced krist) Yoders. We went, ate supper, and then sang. Titus, who was sitting beside me, asked me to do a solo. I declined. On Monday I worked my rear off trying to get a VPN server to work right. On Monday night we had volleyball. Before people started to come, we played bball. We got back from the Sunflower state safely, despite leaving for the airport about an hour too early. (Mom was paranoid 'cause of Benny and Heidi's missed flights) We had a youth committee meeting last night; we have Youth Campout pretty much planned. When we got there for YC meeting, Andrew was in the front yard with big, red punching gloves on, getting his daylights punched out by Jerry. Darrell was on the sideline chortling away. Glendon tried Jerry next and did a bit better. Two funny quotes; the first from a customer telling me about irritating telemarketer calls, and the second from Freda Miller, talking to a client: "I just told them we are not interesting.... I mean interested." Freda didn't say, "Richard, you are a ball!" or "Richard, you are the bomb!"; she said, "Richard, you are the ball!" I was talking to a customer today (incidentally my second cousin once removed) who is married to a Costa Rican. He said, "Just a minute I need to get a pen." Then I heard him say in the background, "Quiero un lapizero, por favor." (Translation: I want a pen, please.) When he came back on, I said, "Need a lapizero, huh?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home