The (not so) Daily Me

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Last night as we drove up to OH: A SUV was in the left lane. A little red car was in the left lane ahead of the SUV. I was in the right lane. The red car violently blew a tire and swerved into my lane. In the process of blowing the tire, he endured swift deceleration. I slammed on the brakes and swerved into the right lane behind the SUV who also slammed on the brakes. It was a very close miss for both of us... Good thing mom wasn't along because if she was, the viability of my eardrums would be in serious question. After we got off the interstate onto 39, a very bad thunderstorm started up. I could see about five feet. It took out the power at the house where we are staying. It is still out. We had to drive three miles to the neighbors to take showers this morning. Today I worked at GRT getting the new server and a new workstation up and running. This afternoon another thunderstorm rolled in. The parking lot has water in it 12 inches deep. The speed bumps resemble little rapids. The water is flowing very fast. I went over to Walnut Creek Cheese's warehouse to further observe the sudden deluge of water. A lady came in and said, "The water is up to my bumper!" A guy said, "Really?" She said, "I sh..sh.." at this point she stuttered as she saw me, "..shoot you not!" Sharon Martin, the manager here at GRT-OH, has a black Jeep Cherokee. A lady that works downstairs came flying in breathless... "Who has a black Jeep Cherokee? I just saw it float by..." (jk, on the floating by part... , but she did ask who has the Jeep and she came flying in and she was breathless) Jeremy told her it was Sharon's. She said to move it pronto. We went to the window and looked. Of the front wheel, you could only see the top black part. I chivalrously offered to move it. I took off my shoes and socks and rolled up my pants to my knees and waded out. (btw, she had left her windows open too ) I crawled in and was grateful for four-wheel drive. I drove it to high ground and then slogged back to the warehouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home